Monday, September 24, 2007

Back in Las Vegas

I had a wonderful chance to fly out to Utah this last weekend to visit both my family and Katie's family. Katie and my sister came to the airport Thursday Night to pick me up after their last few days of HELL (You will have to ask Katie about it because I know I will leave out some of the key facts!!!) The next day we had a family dinner at my parents house and played some games.

Saturday morning we left Springville to go to Heber to spend the rest of my time with Katie's family. I got to see my little niece for the first time and also have my wife tell me she is baby hungry. I was thinking, if I had one dollar for every time she mentioned she wanted a baby, I would have the $10,000 buy-in to the Worlds Series of Poker!!!!

Speaking of poker, we had a family home game in which Katie won. It was her first big tournament win and she was very excited. She beat our brother-in-law Travis. Katie get VERY sick of play poker for long periods of time. Travis had A-Q 0ff suit and went all in. Katie, who was chip leader, had Q-4 off suit and thought about it for a while before she called. So basically, it was an Ace against a 4. A Queen came out on the flop, so Travis was still winning. The Turn was no help to Katie. She was down to only getting a 4 to win and she Rivered a 4. Only three 4's were left in the deck and she got it. Nevertheless, Katie was excited to win the $190 pot and Travis was flabbergasted and speechless.

Sunday was a day to watch NFL. I did have a Poker Heads Up match against Katie's mom and she could not loss a hand. Every time I had 3 of a Kind, she had a Full House, so basically I had a loseing poker weekend. Katie, Braydon, and her family took me to the airport and I am now home in Vegas.

Check out our Photo Album for pictures of Braydon and our new niece Hannah.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Cute pictures. Hey, are you going to the BYU football game in Vegas that's in a few weeks? I have some friends here who are going to it and it made me wonder if you got tickets.

Anonymous said...

I like your background but the words disappear in the white stars. Grandpa says you could probably read it better if you had the COLTS on your screen. Grandma