Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rockie Mountain High!!!

I am officially on the Colorado Rockies band wagon. They have had an amazing run to get into the playoffs and have continued (so far) in the playoffs. I am cheering for the Rockies because they have never been to the World Series. They have a 2-0 lead over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Yes, I know, I should be pulling for the D-backs since I lived in Flagstaff for two years. If my team is not in the playoffs (I really don't have a true baseball team), I go for the team that has not won or been in the championship for the longest time. Since the D-Back won in 2001, I'm cheering for the Rockies.

The Cougars beat up on the Rebels last night also. It was actually a closer game then I thought it would be. When BYU goes on the road, they have a Friday Night Fireside in a local church. A co-worker of mine went to it and said it was really good. We will have to start making it a tradition to go to them when they travel down here.

I just finished a Continuing Education course on Cardiopulmonary - Cancer Rehab. It was provided by Mounationland Rehabilitation, so it was basically free with a course manual, textbook, and breakfast for the two days. It was a good review and I had a good idea of the concepts we were discussing. I know the longer I get away from my college experience, the more I will forget.

House is continuing to progress (not as fast as Katie and I would like it to be). The first coat of paint (primer) is on and it really starting to look at a house. Check out the latest pictures in the photo album.

2 comments:

Angela said...

It's nice to hear sports updates without the pain of actually having to watch the games! I always know where I can turn for the latest sports news. Your house is getting closer! Hope Katie and Braydon enjoy their week in Vegas! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like your rockies aren't doing so well! Go Red Sox! ;)